WHAT IS MYKE?
Mycorrhizea is a fungus that has a close relationship with plant roots. Mycorrhizal fungi colonizes the plant's root system and creates a network that increases the plant's capacity to absorb more water and nutrients such as phosphorus, copper and zinc. This process in turn enhances growth and favors rapid development of roots and plants.
BENEFITS OF MYKE
Ensure 2x faster establishment
Roots with mycorrhizae spread over the available space more rapidly thanks to their spectacular extension.
Reduce watering needs by 30%
Roots with mycorrhizae have more surface area to absorb water.
Increase survival by 75%
Roots with mycorrhizae have a greater capacity to absorb nutrients from the soil. Therefore, you get plants that are healthier, more vigorous, and more resistant to stress.
Increase phosphorus absorption to the detriment of blue-green algae
Up to 80% of phosphorus absorbed by plants is by mycorrhizae.
Improve soil structure and prevent erosion The root extension (filaments) provided by mycorrhizae holds soil particles together, which reduces erosion. Furthermore, by improving soil structure mycorrhizae allow better water penetration of about 25% , thus slowing down erosion and stabilizing the soil.
TYPES OF MYKE
There are two main types of mycorrhizae:
Endomycorrhizae associate with 80% of plants.
Most deciduous trees and herbaceous plants
Ectomycorrhizae associate with 5 to 7% of plants.
Most evergreen trees
HOW TO USE MYKE
MYKE® Growth Supplements must be applied directly in contact with the plant’s roots.
NON TOXIC AND EASY TO USE
Mycorrhizae are easy to use and are safe for both the environment and the health of gardeners and their pets. MYKE® products are ready to use; they are formulated with integrated mycorrhizae; no mixing or preparation at time of planting or gardening.
Mykes five year Warranty
The proper amount of Mykes tree and Shrub must be purchased at the same time as the shrub(s) or/and tree(s) and shown on the same receipt. In order to get the MYKE® WARRANTY to apply, the customer must have used the MYKE® TREE AND SHRUB product and have followed the recommendations indicated in the MYKE® PLANTING GUIDE.
MYKE® WARRANTY only applies to trees or shrubs covered by the merchant's regular warranty, all subjected to the exclusions set forth in this MYKE®WARRANTY program.
Sunset Nursery's Warranty
Thank you for your purchase of plants from Sunset Nursery. Please remember that plants are living entities and need care as such. Success with your new plant is tied directly to the amount of care it is given. Please call us with any questions you may have about plant care.
Sunset Nursery's warranty on shrubs and trees:
One (1) year warranty for one (1) full replacement only. *replacements not guaranteed.
Plants NOT WARRANTY are perennials, roses, annuals, tropical’s, plants not planted in ground after purchase or neglected.
THE WARRANTY IS VOID IF:
- Plant dies due to negligence
- Physical damage such from mowers, weed eaters, cars etc.
- Plants are killed due to human or wildlife/animal damage.
WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE. CUSTOMER MUST HAVE ORIGINAL RECEIPT AND PREFERABLY TAG FROM PLANT.
MYKE® Tree & Shrub
MYKE® TREE & SHRUB contains mycorrhizae on a natural medium coarse granulated carrier (vermiculite, perlite and peat) efficient on both broad-leaf trees and evergreens. It contains no chemical additives.
How to use on NEW Trees, Shrubs & Hedges
- Choose appropriate site for species according to soil humidity. Turn over soil
- Apply a layer of MYKE® TREE AND SHRUB to the walls of the hole so that new roots are in contact with the product
- Remove plant from container or jute covering, and make sure not to harm roots. Place the root ball in the hole so that the top comes square with the ground
- Cover with soil, pack down lightly and water
How to use on EXISTING Trees, Shrubs & Hedges
- Dig at least 4 holes (6"-12" deep equivalent to depth of roots) around tree or shrub
- Ensure holes are dug at a distance from trunk equal to the spread of the plant. This is where the active roots absorb nutrients
- Apply the product MYKE® TREE AND SHRUB in each hole
- Cover with soil and water
When to Use MYKE® Tree & Shrub
Use every time you plant a tree, shrub and hedge, or on recently planted trees or shrubs.
Blueberries and rhododendrons cannot be colonized by the fungus in MYKE® TREE AND SHRUB.
Trees and shrubs are the key to a perfect landscaped environment. They also add value to residential homes and provide spectacular scenery and shade for those very hot days. They even play an important role in reducing the CO2 in the atmosphere providing a better environment.
It's so simple with MYKE® TREE AND SHRUB GROWTH SUPPLEMENT.
When planting annuals and perennials in pots, flowerbeds and flower boxes.
Exceptions: Orchids, rhododendrons, carnations, kochias, alyssums, azaleas and lupins cannot be colonized by the fungus contained in MYKE FLOWER.
- 1 L : Treats up to 32 plants
- Natural coarse granular carrier (perlite and peat) providing additional porosity to soil.
- MYCORRHIZAE Type: endomycorrhizae
- Ensures abundant flowering
- Reduces watering needs
- Enhances rapid growth development
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- For better results, be sure that the roots are in contact with MYKE.
- Store at room temperature between 2°C - 20°C and keep away from intense heat or freezing.
*Results obtained from independent plant growth trials. Individual growth results may vary to a degree. Additional results and details are available.